Fly in any weather in our FAA Approved Flight Simulator
We offer our students the state's only "Fly-It" fully operational and Entrom calibrated Flight Sim. Its so close, you may even get airsick!
Just like the real thing... except this one allows you to keep your feet on the ground while you're getting used to the wild blue.
Horizon Helicopters, Inc has the only "FLYIT" Professional Helicopter Simulator in Delaware. This simulator is a two place side-by-side seating cockpit with dual controls providing hands-on instruction for hovering and maneuvering. A complete instrument panel is provided for visual and instrument training. Instrumentation is displayed full size on a monitor. VFR or IFR panels can be selected or users can design their own panels. All switches and controls are hard mounted and replicate size, shape, color and location of those in the real aircraft.
A 3" wide x 78" high rear projected Ground Reference Out-the-Window (GROW) view provides accurate situational and positional awareness. 180° views are also available. The software provides an accurate flight model including translational lift, ground effect, torque, auto-rotation, vortex ring state, etc. Over 20,000 airports and all navigation aids are available. Accurate VFR and IFR training environments are provided.
The FLYIT Professional Helicopter Simulator was approved by the FAA in August 2002 for 7.5 hours of VFR training towards a Private or Commercial license. No other flight training device (FTD) or flight simulation device (FSD) has been awarded this VFR approval status.
Makes Real Helicopter Time More Beneficial
- Students are more skilled and better prepared to fly the real aircraft by gaining knowledge and learning control skills in the simulator, then polishing thier skills in the real aircraft.
- Pilots can maintain a much sharper edge when not flying the real helicopter by spending time in the FLYIT Professional Helicopter Simulator between flights.
Instantly Repeat Approaches, Maneuvers And Procedures
- Do it over and over until you get it perfect.
- Make 20 approaches in one hour - many more than possible in the real aircraft.
- More experience in a shorter time period than the real aircraft.
Soft Instrument Panel
- Instruments will be laid-out exactly as they are in N280GS and other reciprocating and turbine helicopters can be used.
- VFR and IFR panels are selectable for each flight.
- Instrument panel and aircraft model are reconfigurable at the click of a mouse.
- Systems failures can be preprogrammed for any given flight.
All switch functions momentary, rotary and potentiometers are hard mounted and replicate size, shape, color, lighting patterns, and functions of those in the real aircraft.
A Full IFR Panel is Provided
All engine and fuel gauges, engine/rotor RPM, AH, ALT, ROC, T&B, HSI, VOR, ADF and Transponder items are present. Engine gauges can be selected as either reciprocating or turbine.
All information and instruments are self-lighted. General cockpit floodlighting is provided. Switch panels are flood-lighted as appropriate. A chart light is also provided.
Dual cyclic, collective, and torque pedals replicate the aircraft. All switch functions operate. Torque pedals are fore/aft adjustable. Individual and Robinson T-style cyclics are included.
Pilot and Co-Pilot Seat
Black leather seats are dimensionally accurate and similar to the real aircraft. Two-point seatbelts are included as standard equipment.
Fly DUAL or SOLO
• Instructor can demonstrate maneuvers & techniques.
• Students can learn cockpit resource management during complex procedures.
• Pause feature allows immediate interaction between instructor/student
A full avionics system is installed in the center console and digital displays are the same as in the real aircraft.
• Two NAV Redios • Remote DME • Two COM Radios • Transponder
• ADF • Audio Panel • Auto-pilot
A 93" wide x 78" high rear projected Ground Reference Out-the-Window (GROW) view provides accurate situational and positional awareness. 180° views are also available. The software provides an accurate flight model including translational lift, ground effect, torque, auto-rotation, vortex ring state, etc. Over 20,000 airports and all navigation aids are available. Accurate VFR and IFR training environments are provided.
Sound System and Intercom
A subwoofer coupled with a high-fidelity sound system provides real-life environmental (engine) sounds. Two headsets and an intercom are provided for pilot/instructor communication and pilot-to-pilot communications.
SELECT ANY WEATHER CONDITION
- Instantly experience flight in any and all weather conditions: wind, temperature, clouds, precipitation and turbulence.
- Good weather can turn bad during flights and bad weather can turn good.
- Weather can be programmed to change during various points of flight.
PRE-FLY REAL FLIGHTS
- Gain significant experience and knowledge about the airspace in which you will be flying.
- Practice approaches to your destination and alternate airport.
- If the airport you seek has a published approach, its in the software database.
- 20,000+ Jeppesen airport database.
- FLYIT Simulators reduce your accident risk exposure 30% to 69% when integrated into your training program.
LOOKS, FEELS AND FLIES LIKE A REAL HELICOPTER
The FLYIT Professional Helicopter Simulator portrays accurate flight dynamics based on aircraft and environmental conditions.
Pilots can experience:
- Translational lift
- Correct movements based on inputs of controls while hovering
- Maintaining altitude & heading at all speeds
- Tracking VORs (crosswinds)
- Holding patterns
- Vortex ring state (settling with power)
- Dynamic roll-over
- Effects of density altitude
- Weights and Balance
- Full down auto-rotation, and more!
Specific flight conditions and scenarios may be saved as lessons.
There is an on-board tracking system to view your aircraft's flight path during any given flight which will also allow students to use the playback function to review their flight.
You may freeze the flight to discuss training events for clarification, and then unfreeze to continue the flight.
Instructors can position the aircraft anywhere in the world as well as engage any of the flight commands and options via a wireless keyboard and mouse from either the instructor station or the co-pilots seat.
Advanced Weather and Environmental Controls
Total control of the meteorological environment including:
- Clouds, cloud types, bases, tops thickness and layering
- Precipitation rain, snow, icing, and the rate of occurrence
- Wind direction, speed and at what altitude(s) it should occur at - May also be layered so that on the surface for example the wind could be 220 at 10 knots and at 3000 feet it could be programmed to be 080 at 50 knots.
- Visibility programmable from 1/16, 1/8, ¼, ½, ¾, 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50 miles and CAVU
- Barometric pressure and temperature
- Density altitude affects aircraft performance
The Flight Dynamic Models include the following flight attributes:
- Pendulum action
- Hover in ground effect
- Dynamic rollover
- Hover out of around effect
- Translational lift
- Throttle yaw effect
- Collective yaw effect
- Wind effect on hovering
- Vortex Ring State
- Micro input of controls
- Proper control interaction
- Lift to Drag
- The aircraft models have an accurate fuel burn and weight and balance.
- VFR and IFR Cross-country flights anywhere in the world can be flown.
- The system may be networked with other systems via the Internet or direct connected.
- The unique Ground Reference Out-the-Window view provides accurate hover training as well as pinnacle/confined area practice and high speed, low level flying.
Earn Flight Time Anywhere in the World
- Aviation database is worldwide. There are over 20,000 ICAO airports included, which allows training at any location in the world.
- All airways, NAVAIDS, VORs, NDBs, intersections, and IFR (ILS) approaches are included worldwide.
- All airports are represented with accurate visuals of runways, terrain and lighting systems worldwide.